Even though it will have to complete with Mt. Airy's Night Market, this month's Third Thursday in Chestnut Hill has plenty going on. It will also be the last third Thursday of the summer.
Music will be a big part of the evening, including Irish songs performed by Paraic Keane and friends, including a 10-year-old violinist. Complimentary popcorn and balloons will be distributed and Cookie Monster will be out on the Avenue meeting and greeting his little fans. Stores with extended hours include , , , , , , , , , , , and more, along with all of the restaurants.
As for special events going on for the evening:
- Indigo Schuy will be offering chair massages from 6-8 p.m.
- Chestnut Hill Gallery will have art, wine and live music performances.
- Gravers Lane Gallery will have extended hours and offer light refreshments.
- will feature Summer Night’s Dream, an evening of harp and flute music from 7-8 p.m.
- Bredenbeck’s will be doing their cookie decorating.
- Oxford Circus Toys is offering a 40% off sale.
- Artisans on the Avenue will continue its summer sale.
- will host “Musical Chairs” – an evening of music and games amid the Take A Seat exhibit.
- Ten Thousand Villages will be doing a greeting card craft class, for a $5 fee.
Will you be at Chestnut Hill's Third Thursday, Mt. Airy's Night Market, or will you try to stop by both Thursday night? Tell us in comment what you're looking forward to doing.