Big Blue Marble Bookstore is an independently-owned storefront that specializes in progressive and multicultural books of interest to residents in Philadelphia-particularly in Mt. Airy. It also carries new and used children's books, classics, fiction and nonfiction, woman-centered pregnancy and parenting, sustainable living, lesbian/gay, African-American, Jewish studies, feminist science fiction, literary graphic novels and more.
The second floor of the two-story shop features a cafe that serves Rishi teas and snacks. Big Blue Marble offers a variety of community-building activities including seminars, book clubs and special events. Civil workers and frequent buyers receive discounts.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 6pm; Thu, Fri, 10am - 8pm; Sat, Sun, 10am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Book store specialties: Children's books
- New/used: New, Used
- Book store features: Special order
- Wi-Fi: Free