The third-annual Philadelphia Brotherly Love Cup Quidditch Tournament is coming to Chestnut Hill College this weekend, which means that, once again,Chestnut Hill is going all out with wizardry.
The quidditch match happens Saturday, but there's a lot more to the weekend than broomstick games. Here's a guide to Harry Potter weekend in Chestnut Hill
If you don't have time to click through all of this, the Chestnut Hill Business Association has a very handy one-sheet about the weekend. Chestnut Hill College has some info for you, too.
Also, a quick note: if you have never read the Harry Potter books or seen the Harry Potter movie, a lot of the words in this story aren't going to make sense to you.
- 6 p.m.: Things kick off with an opening ceremony at the Top of the Hill Fountain Plaza. The ceremony will include a parade of the quidditch teams and will be hosted by Dumbledore.
- 6 to 8 p.m.: The Woodmere Art Museum has a Diagon Alley straw maze for families to get lost in. Open until 8 p.m.
- 7 p.m.: Adults can get down on the Harry Potter pub crawl and scavenger hunt. Call 215-247-6696 to sign up.
- 7 p.m.: The Chestnut Hill Hotel is showing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, which is open to families.
- 8 p.m.: A ghost tour will meet up at the Chestnut Hill hotel and head out to the neighborhoods more spooky spots. Call 215-247-6696 for more information.
- 9:30 to 6 p.m.: The third annual Philadelphia Brotherly Love Cup kicks off at the Chestnut Hill College softball field. The tournament will feature 16 teams from around the country and is free and open to the public.
- 11 to 4:30 p.m.: "The Hunt for the Horcrux" takes place on Germantown Avenue.
- 12 and 3 p.m.: Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, taught by Dumbledore.
- 1 p.m.: Did you miss the first showing of Scorcerer's Stone? Fear not, it's playing again on Saturday.
- 12 to 1 p.m.: A sorting hat demonstration is set to take place at the Chestnut Hill Hotel market.
- Every half hour, from 6:30 to 8: Teens Inc is hosting a ghost walk through Chestnut Hill.
- 11 a.m.: A "Quidditch 101" class will be held by the Chestnut Hill College quidditch players at SugarLoaf.
- 1 to 4 p.m.: Harry Potter weekend closes with a Halloween parade down Germantown Avenue. The parade kicks off behind O'Doodles at 1 p.m.
- 4p.m. A free Halloween concert takes place at St. Martin's in the Fields Church.
Shops all around Chestnut Hill will be turning from normal businesses to magical touchstones from the Harry Potter universe. Check out a list of all the shops and their wizard alter egos here.