The City of Philadelphia's governemnt offices takes 11 holidays in a given calendar year, according to Philly311.com. Columbus Day is one of those holidays. As such, many city services and offices will be off on Monday.
According to the Streets Deparment website, trash collection will be pushed back from Monday to Tuesday. See more about it here.
Additional offices closed on Monday include:
- City District Health Centers
- All branch offices of the Department of Licenses and Inspections
- North and Northeast Municipal Service Centers
- Marriage License Bureau
- All Department of Recreation facilities
- The Free Library of Philadelphia and all of its branches
- Executive offices of the Philadelphia Parking Authority, as well as its Violations branch
City police and fire stations will fully function. The Municipal Court’s Arraignment Court at the Criminal Justice Center, 1301 Filbert St., will be open, as well.
Visit phila.gov for more information.