The following are agendas for upcoming meetings of the Chestnut Hill Community Association. All meetings are open to the public.
Thursday, March 22, 7 p.m.
CHCA Board of Directors Meeting
, 8711 Germantown Avenue
- 12-18 W. Willow Grove Avenue (Balance Chestnut Hill) -- use variance (if referred from the DRC)
- Presentation of proposed signs for Chestnut Hill Rotary Club
- Presentation of Chestnut Hill Parking Foundation plans for new parking system
- Update on Children of America, 8701 Germantown Avenue
- Approval of ad hoc committee to be created to facilitate the Chestnut Hill Community Fund Drive
- Consideration of bylaw amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee:
Article IV, Section B-3 (Interlocking Directors)
1) Individuals serving as Interlocking Directors on the CHCA Board may serve no more than 2 consecutive years. Rationale: Board members stand for re-election on a regular basis, requiring them to go before the membership for a vote of confidence. Interlocking Directors currently serve indefinitely.
2) Individuals serving as Interlocking Directors may be removed by majority vote of the CHCA Board or by the organization they represent. Rationale: Currently the only way to remove an Interlocking Director is to amend the existing bylaws. This change would remove that obstacle.
3) Interlocking Directors serve in an advisory capacity, and as such have no voting privileges at any meeting of the Board. Rationale: Interlocking Directors are not voted onto the Board by the membership, and so it seems reasonable that they hold the position in an advisory capacity only.
Article III, Section E-2 (Annual Meeting of Members)
(Note: The following amendments were approved by the Board at its meeting on 1/26/12, but are listed here so that any member of the community can provide feedback.)
1) Change "Business Manager" to "Associate Publisher" and
2) Change "Chair of the Chestnut Hill Community Fund" to "President of the Chestnut Hill Community Fund." Rationale: Corrects the language used in the existing bylaws; there is no person called the "Business Manager" of the Local and no person called the "Chair" of the Fund.
- Consideration of bylaw amendments that were not recommended by the Bylaws Committee (proposed by Treasurer Tony Reilly):
1) Article VI, Section B-7-a (Budget and Finance Committee): Change the purpose and duties of this committee by eliminating references to the Chestnut Hill Community Fund. Rationale: The proposed revisions conform to the current practices of the CHCF and the CHCA.
2) Article I, Section C-6 (Finances): Eliminate the requirement by the Treasurer and Budget and Finance Committee to annually prepare a balanced budget for the Chestnut Hill Community Fund. Rationale: The proposed revision conforms to the current practices of the CHCF and the CHCA.
3) Article V, Section A-2 (Officers): Grant the rights of a Board member to the Treasurer when that individual is not an elected member of the Board. Rationale: To clarify the voting rights of an appointed Treasurer.
- Consideration/approval of budgets for the CHCA and Local for fiscal year ending 3/31/13
- Recommendations for CHCF grant allocations
- Officer reports
- Manager reports
Monday, April 2, 7 p.m.
CHCA Traffic, Transportation, and Parking Committee Meeting
Town Hall, 8434 Germantown Avenue
Agenda: J.S. Jenks School traffic issue
Tuesday, April 3, 7:30 a.m.
CHCA Membership Committee (morning meeting)
, 8620 Germantown Avenue, 2nd floor
SAVE THE DATE
Thursday, April 19
5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
CHCA Annual Meeting and Dinner
, 8855 Germantown Avenue, Widener Room
Keynote Speaker: Philadelphia City Councilwoman Cindy Bass