Chestnut Hill’s Cafette and Heirloom Fine American Cookery were named as one of Suburban Life magazine’s top 25 Best Restaurants in the Philadelphia suburbs in its February issue.
The monthly magazine decided on its Golden Fork winners based on food, service, atmosphere and “other intangibles. They looked to reviews from this and prior years and accepted readers suggestions, according to their story.
“Chef Recommends: Half of a roasted chicken, cider brined and served with a comforting root-vegetable mix of parsnips, turnips and butternut squash,“ the Golden Fork article reports of patch Readers’ Choice winner Cafette.
The menu changes frequently at Heirloom, Suburban Life reports, but right now, the can’t miss dish is the Shrimp and Scallop Purloo.
If you haven’t been to either restaurant, just a reminder that they are both BYOB.
If you have been there, what do you think of Cafette and Heirloom Fine American Cookery?
- Click here to add a review of Cafette
- Click here to add a review of Heirloom Fine American Cookery
Previous Stories on Cafette and Heirloom
- Local Voices: Cafette’s Vegetarian Autumn Alternative (Nov. 19, 2012)
- Local Voices: Cafette Has a New Chef & Menu (Oct. 24, 2012)
- Restaurant Review: Chestnut Hill’s Heirloom (Feb. 9, 2012)
- Moms Eat Local: Cafette (May 10, 2011)
- Cafette: the Name Says It All (Dec. 15, 2010)