On Sunday, Sept. 8, the business owners at the intersection of Greene Street and Carpenter Lane will host the 7th Annual Mt. Airy Village Fair from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This self-described “retro, folksy, family-oriented fair” hopes to celebrate the character and warmth of a unique and very creative corner of Mt. Airy.
The Fair will feature a line-up of talented area musicians performing on two separate stages.
The Fair also asks every participating exhibitor to present an interactive element so there’s something fun to do everywhere fair-goers turn.
The planned activities include:
- Play dress-up with the Quintessence Theatre Company!
- Swap out some stuff at the Free For All
- Come get your pie on (and all over) in The 7th Annual Pie Eating Contests
- Mt. Airy Village Fair also boasts the world’s only Slow Ice Cream Eating Contest: the last person to finish their Ice Cream cone without dripping wins. How slow can you go?
- Their famous pet contest is always the grand finale of the fair.