Are you looking for something to do this week? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Where: Morris Arboretum
- Why Go: Come out for the grand opening of the Holiday Garden Railway. Enjoy carolers, natural ornament or decoration making, and a fabulous a backdrop for your holiday greeting card, bring your camera!
- Cost: Free with admission
Stagecrafters Theater presents: Jitney
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 – Dec. 9
- Why Go: This week Jitney opens at The Stagecrafters Theater. Production performance dates are November 23, 24, 29, 30, December 1, 6, 7, 8 at 8 p.m., December 2, 9 at 2 p.m.
- Cost: $17 Online; $20 at Door; Thurs 2-for-$25
- When: Thursday, Nov. 22 at 9 a.m.
- Where: Forbidden Trail along Wissahickon Creek, Fairmont Park in Chestnut Hill
- Why Go: This is the 20th anniversary of the Turkey Trot, a competitive 5 mile race, 1 mile fun run/walk benefitting Face to Face Germantown.
- Cost: $40 day of race
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday Nov. 28 from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Where: Carpenter Lane & Greene St. (The Greene on Greene Building)
- Why Go: Shop local and shop handmade this holiday season. Saffron Pop-Up shop is a lovely boutique featuring the work of a hand selected group of artists from the Philadelphia area. Open for ONE weekend only!
- Cost: Free
- When: Nov. 25 at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Mt. Airy Train Station
- Why Go: Join the Devon Street neighbors for their annual tradition of lighting up and decorating the Mt. Airy Train Station.
- Cost: Free
Black Friday Freak Out
- When: Friday, Nov. 23, 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of food, friends and entertainment. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. And the first of three bands will take the stage at 7 p.m. Enjoy food from Drake's Gourmet Foods and Advance tickets available at Hideaway Music. Beer and wine is included in the ticket price. The evening will be catered by Drake’s Gourmet Foods, Primo Hoagies and Tavern on the Hill. Tickets can be purchased at the discounted price of $35 (cash only) at Hideaway Music in Chestnut Hill.
- Cost: $40 at the door