Are you looking for something to do this week? Check out these great local events.
Harvest Kitchen Tour
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 1 - 4 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: 8200 Germantown Ave (former site of Magarity Ford)
- Why Go: Tour six of the most spectacular kitchens in Chestnut Hill. On Friday, enjoy tastings from area bakeries and shops. On Saturday taste the culinary artistry of six sensational chefs from some of Chestnut Hill's finest restaurants. Pick up tickets at 8200 Germantown Avenue.
- Cost: $30 in advance; $35 at door
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, 8000 St. Martins Lane, Chestnut Hill
- Why Go: This is the first annual fun run and walk organized by the Friends of J.S. Jenks. Registration for the run will begin at 7:30 a.m. with a start time of 8:15 a.m. Walk registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with a start time of 9 a.m. The start/finish area will feature a kids’ zone, vendor tables and refreshments.
- Cost: $25 adults/$5 children
St. Gregory's Annual Armenian Food Festival
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3
- Where: Saint Gregory The Illuminator Armenian Apostolic Church, 8701 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Come out for the Annual Armenian Food Festival featuring traditional, Armenian/Middle Eastern cuisine including shish kebab, savory cheese pastry, stuffed grape leaves, Armenian meatballs and an enticing assortment of desserts. Take-out is available. Be sure to visit the Country Store as many menu items are available to take home pre-packaged and frozen. Children's entertainment both nights. Ample seating.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Manayunk Brewery 4120 Main St, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Enjoy a morning along Philadelphia's Schuylkill River in Manayunk, starting with a 5K Run on the Towpath, or Browse the shops of Manayunk on a Main Street Stroll, or Speed Walk your way up and down Main Street! Either way, end your Run/Stroll/Walk at Manayunk Brewing Company’s outside upper deck overlooking the Sckuylkill River. Plenty of refreshments and entertainment to replenish you after your morning activity. Fun morning for the whole family! Face Painting, Street Entertainers & More!
- Cost: $30
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Woodmere Art Museum
- Why Go: Adults can enjoy the Sexy, Sultry Blues of Frank Bey and the Swing City Blues while the kids are watching Coraline and having popcorn.
- Cost: Kids - Free, Adult Members $10, Non-Members- $20
Hideaway Music 10th Anniversity
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Hideaway Music
- Why Go: Celebrate Hideaway Music's 10th Anniversary on Saturday starting at 1 p.m. with a performance by John Wesley Harding a folk musician and author, plus Elizabeth and The Catapult, indie artist, will make an appearance. Enjoy 10% off of your entire purchase.