Invite a friend
Moonlight Movies In Mt. Airy
Movies begin at 8:30 pm. Seating on the green starts at 8PM. The following films – selected based on results from a public on-line survey– will be shown:
- June 22: The Princess Bride
- June 29: The Wizard of Oz
- July 6: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- July 13: To Kill A Mockingbird
- July 20: The Muppets
- July 27: 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies* (subject to technical abilities)
- August 3: West Side Story
- August 10: Up
- August 17: Ghostbusters
All movies are free. Bring your own chairs or blankets.
If it rains, Cliveden has agreed to host the films in its Carriage House in the event of inclement weather (6401 Germantown Avenue).
More About Free Library of Philadelphia - Lovett Branch
The Free Library's Lovett Branch is part of the Philadelphia library system and primarily serves Mount Airy residents.
It was first founded in 1887 and became a Free Library in 1924. It was then renovated in 1999.
An afterschool program called LEAP is operated during the school year. It provides various forms of academic assistance to students in grade school.
There are various other groups that meet at the library, such as a creative writing group and a chess gathering. Other classes and lectures are also offered.
There is a garden right next to the library building. It features benches for people to sit and read.
Other events here
- Chess Club at Lovett Library Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Mt. Airy's Outdoor Community Drum Circle--3rd Season! May 5, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / July 7, 2013 / August 4, 2013 / September 1, 2013 / October 6, 2013, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm