Invite a friend
Friday Farmers' Market @ Wyck Historic House, Garden & Farm
Wyck's Farmers' Market is open on Germantown Avenue every Friday afternoon from June through November. Coordinated in partnership with The Food Trust, it provides the sole opportunity to buy beautifully grown, extremely fresh, chemical free produce in the immediate neighborhood. Much of the produce is harvested on the very day of sale. The market is a great place to swap recipes and try unusual, heirloom vegetables.
Home Farm produce sold in 2011 included apples, a variety of beans, blackberries, black raspberries, cabbage, carrots, chard, concord grapes, edamame, eggplant, figs, garlic, a variety of lettuces, kale, parsnips, popcorn, squashes, strawberries, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and more, as well as numerous heirloom varieties of fruits and vegetables. Wyck’s chickens supplied eggs, and our bees supplied honey. In addition, the market distributed the vegan, soy-free goods of Earth's Elements Foods & Products, Inc., including whole-grain crumb cakes and muffins, spice rubs and blends, and sauces and dressings.
We aim to make fresh, healthful food affordable to as many people as possible. We sell much of our produce below market rate, and, through our partnership with The Food Trust, we accept Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits as well as the vouchers distributed through the federally-funded Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
Unlike at most urban farmers markets, Wyck market-goers have the opportunity to stroll through the gardens and see where and how their food is grown. Wyck staff is always available to answer questions about growing and using fresh food. Additionally, Wyck House is open for free, self-guided tours on Fridays, 1:00 - 4:00, to coincide with the Market (during the June-November season).
We welcome you to stop by or become a regular!
|Where||Wyck Historic House and Garden 6026 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–6:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Wyck Historic House and Garden
Located in Philadelphia, Wyck Historic House and Garden is an 18th century home with grounds that include a nationally recognized garden with more than 30 varieties of roses. The Wyck House offers guided and self-guided tours, programs and events, summer camps and more. For registration, volunteer and donation information, be sure to call the telephone number provided or visit the Wyck Historic House and Garden website.
Other events here
- Registration Open for Wyckedly Fun Summer Camp Daily, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Open Registration for Wyck's Summer Seedlings Daily, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- 2012 Wyck Old Rose Symposium Daily,
- Spring Homeschool Series at Wyck- Spring Blooms Tomorrow, May 23, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Dining in the Garden: A Partnership with The Cheesecake Factory May 24, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013,
- The 2013 Old Rose Workshop Series March 16, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / July 20, 2013 / September 21, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Spring Homeschool Series at Wyck- Deep Down Underground Thu, Jun 6, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- WYCK's Friday Farmers Market Weekly on Fridays, 2:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Spring Homeschool Series at Wyck- Roots and Shoots to Fruits Thu, Jun 13, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm