It feels like summer now—a time when apartment hunting is probably at an all-time high.
To that end, here's a list of five of the top places in Mt. Airy that are currently for rent (along with some information from their descriptions), courtesy Craigslist.
- Six-bedroom twin house plus apartment, $2,100: "Sedgwick Street at Greene Street ... Centrally-located West Mt. Airy twin on quiet tree-lined street with plenty of parking. One block from Weavers Way Food Co-op ... the house is three stories, six bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, beautiful porch, mud room, and backyard. Third floor apartment with its own kitchen... lots of sunlight, great views, and beautiful wood floors. Laundry and dry basement storage."
- Three-bedroom rowhouse, $1,550: "Sedgwick Street at Mower Street ... West Mt. Airy row home with beautiful front garden ... crisp-clean and inviting ... finished basement, washer and dryer, beautiful hardwood throughout, garage parking ... kitchen with dishwasher, G/D, newer fridge, newer gas stove, double bowl sink.
- Two-bedroom apartment, $900: 100 W. Mt. Pleasant Ave. ... modern two-bedroom one-bath apartment—2 units available June & July ... wood floors, new kitchen, new bath, central air, on-site laundry. Close to transportation, shopping and Chestnut Hill nightlife!
- One-bedroom apartment, $735: "Gowen Avenue at Germantown Avenue ... delightful spacious one bedroom apartment in a four unit multi-family building. Eat-in kitchen, wall-to-wall carpet, 9-foot ceilings. Well maintained building with laundry facilities on premises."
- Room in four-bedroom house for female tenant, $365: "Allens Lane at Germantown Avenue ... second floor bedroom available: Bay window, two closets, spacious, very sunny ... will be joining another woman and two men, all 30 to 35 years old ... the house is pretty much furnished ... Storage space is somewhat limited but available. Personal studio space is basically unavailable ... everyone here is an artist/craftsman, professionally stable; quiet lifestyles save for the occasional potluck, BBQ or dance party."
Did we miss one that we should have highlighted? Let us know in the comments.