Storm Causes Closings, Schedule Changes
Churches are being affected.
Updated: 4:47 p.m.
Hurricane Irene has caused a few closings and cancellations throughout Mt. Airy and elsewhere. It wouldn't be a big surprise if there are more by Sunday.
- Mt. Airy Presbyterian Church has canceled Sunday services.
- Weavers Way's Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill locations will be closed Sunday.
- Trolley Car Diner will open late Sunday (around 10 a.m.) and will remain open all day.
- Big Blue Marble Bookstore will be closed Sunday.
- First United Methodist Church of Germantown has canceled Sunday services.
- St. Michael's Lutheran Church has canceled Sunday services.
- Summit Presbterian Church has canceled Sunday services.
- The Unitarian Society of Germantown has canceled Sunday services.
- Germantown Christian Assembly's evening services will be canceled Sunday. Morning services are still on.
- Grace Epiphany Church has canceled services for Sunday morning.
- All SEPTA buses and trains will stop running at 12:30 a.m. Sunday and Chestnut Hill West trains stopped running at 5 p.m. Saturday. Service is expected to resume at some point after midday Sunday.
- All city YMCAs are closed as of 6 p.m. Saturday.
- All city parks are closed as of 6 p.m. Saturday.
We'll keep adding to this list as the storm rolls through the area. Refresh this page for updates.