A couple of birthday parties, a pig roast and a musical event will dominate the scene at Greene Street and Carpenter Lane this weekend.
Many of the businesses on what's called Mt. Airy Village are participating and offering a variety of deals. It's mostly going to be a big party.
Here's what's happening:
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Philadelphia Salvage (542 Carpenter Lane) is celebrating its first birthday. There will be a BBQ with local food and beer (the grill will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.), and the Gin Canaries will perform at 1 p.m. (as will two other local bands).
- 3 p.m. The Kwerks are playing at the new Weavers Way Wellness Shop & Pet Store at 610 Carpenter Lane.
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. There will be a jam session in front of the wellness and pet store.
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Philadelphia Community Acupuncture (538 Carpenter Lane) will offer free acupuncture sessions.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Green on Greene building at Greene and Carpenter will host a free print-a-thon led by artist Gillian Pokolo. Bring T-shirts to print on or use paper stock available at no cost at the studio. You can choose images of High Point Cafe or Philadelphia Salvage among others from Pokolo's collection.
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Big Blue Marble Bookstore will have an outdoor sidewalk sale. Wear your Mt Airy Village Gear (T-shirt, hat, and so on from any village business) and get $5 off any purchase of $10 or more.
- 4 to 6 p.m. High Point Cafe was originally planning on having a pig roast and potluck at its location at 602 Carpenter Lane on Saturday, but moved it to Sunday instead in order to keep festivities going all weekend. All the food will be free, and there will be vegetarian options as well. The roasted pig is from Sweet Stem Farm.
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Big Blue Marble outdoor sale/discounts continue.