New Portion of Allens Lane to Be Closed Two Months
It will be shuttered from Bryan Street to Germantown Avenue.
West Allens Lane will be closed from Bryan Street to Germantown Avenue for about two months as crews continue to work on a water main replacement project there.
According to a news release from West Mt. Airy Neighbors:
- A contractor will start the work on Allens Lane from Bryan Street to Germantown Ave in the week of April 16.
- Allens Lane from Bryan Street to Germantown Avenue will be closed from 7 am to 4:30 p.m. (effective April 16 to the first week of June).
- No parking signs will be posted.
- School bus access will be maintained throughout the construction.
- No work is scheduled in front of the Houston School until the end of May or the first week of June 2012.
The project, which is being run by the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD), has intermittently closed parts of Allens Lane during the day. It's expected to last through 2013.