Drink Specials, SEPTA Restrictions Because of Heat
A roundup of news on a hot day.
Here's a roundup of heat-related news on this sweltering day:
- SEPTA Regional Rail lines have put heat restrictions into effect Wednesday morning, which means there could be delays on all lines as the weather heats up.
- An excessive heat warning is currently in effect and will be until Friday morning. As a result, businesses are working to adapt to the weather.
- In Mt. Airy, Avenida Restaurant is offering heat wave specials all day Wednesday. It has $5 Cucumber basil mojitos and $5 lucious mango margaritas.
- Wednesday is the first official day of summer. This Philadelphia Inquirer article looks at how air quality could become unhealthy over the course of the next two days.
- Public pools opened this week, so you can head over to Pleasant Pool if you need to cool off in East Mt. Airy.
- You can check out the Red Cross's tips for staying cool in the heat here.