Fun Facts From Primary Day's Ward Results
Charisma Presley and Michael Ellis had some success in Mt. Airy.
We have a comprehensive look at voter turnout by ward and division in Mt. Airy here.
But if you don't want to wade through all those numbers, here are some notable facts that we pulled out from the results.
- Attorney General candidate Kathleen Kane won four divisions throughout the neighborhood (9-2, 9-3, 9-12 and 22-6). Her opponent, Patrick Murphy, won every other Mt. Airy division, although Kane came close in a few others (like 22-19 and 22-21, for example).
- Charisma Presley, who unsuccessfully challenged state Rep. Rosita Youngblood for the 198th Legislative District seat, had a strong showing in a number of divisions. She won 9-13 and 9-15 handily and received more votes than Youngblood in 9-12, 9-14 and 22-1.
- Fellow challenger Malik Boyd, meanwhile, didn't come close to winning any Mt. Airy divisions (although he received more votes than Presley in several, such as 22-8 and 22-10.
- Stephen Kinsey may have won the 201st Legislative District's Democratic primary, but he didn't romp in Mt. Airy by any means. Challenger Michael Ellis defeated him handily in 22-14 and 22-28.
- Still, though, Kinsey won most divisions in Mt. Airy, and won every Mt. Airy division in the 59th Ward.
- Mitt Romney won the Republican presidential primary, as expected. He got 276 votes total in the 9th Ward (compared to 35 for Ron Paul, 25 for Rick Santorum and 19 for Newt Gingrich).
- Romney also got 52 votes in Ward 22 (there were 29 for Paul, 15 for Gingrich and 11 for Santorum) and 23 votes in Ward 59 (there were 12 each for Paul and Santorum and 11 for Gingrich).
Correction: Kane won four divisions in Mt. Airy, not four as was previously reported.