5 Unopposed Candidates Win State House Seats
Senators and representatives win election to the General Assembly.
In an election of uncertainties, five Northwest Philadelphia politicians didn't have to sweat it out on Election Day.
As the polls close at 8 p.m. in Philadelphia, five lawmakers—who did not face electoral challenges—will won election to Harrisburg.
Four will retain their seats, while a fifth will take over the position of retiring John Myers.
These pols will represent parts of Roxborough, Manayunk, Chestnut Hill and Mt. Airy. All are Democrats.
- State Sen. Vincent Hughes (7th): Roxborough and Manayunk
- State Sen. Shirley Kitchen (3rd): Roxborough and Manayunk
- State Rep. Cherelle Parker (200th): Roxborough, Manayunk, Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill
- State Rep. Rosita Youngblood (198th): Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill
- Stephen Kinsey (201st)—Mt. Airy
Editor's note: An earlier version incorrectly listed the representative for the 201st District and has since been corrected.