Susquehanna Bank Conducts Virtual Food Drive with Tweet2Feed on Twitter and Facebook
Susquehanna Bank is taking the traditional food drive and putting it online by conducting its third annual Tweet2Feed campaign that supports nine food banks throughout the communities that Susquehanna serves. Last year, Susquehanna donated more than 285,000 meals to food banks in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and West Virginia, and the goal for 2012 is to donate 300,000 meals.
Through December 31, Susquehanna will pledge:
- 10 meals for each new Twitter follower
- 5 meals for each retweet on Twitter of one of the #Tweet2Feed messages
- 10 meals for each new “Like” of the Susquehanna Bank Facebook page
- 5 meals when a user shares a post about the campaign on their own Facebook profile
- 5 meals for every view of the Tweet2Feed video on the bank’s YouTube channel
“With just a few clicks, you can help to donate a total of 35 meals to food banks and spread the word about how to help those in need this holiday season,” said Alison van Harskamp, Senior Vice President at Susquehanna Bank. “Considering the impact of Hurricane Sandy, we expect the demands on food banks to be very high this year.”
Susquehanna Bank will also donate up to 50 meals for every new personal checking account opened: 25 for opening the account and additional meals when a new customer signs up for services such as direct deposit, online banking and VISA Check Cards. Meals will also be donated when current customers add services to their existing accounts.
More information, including an easy way to find your local food bank, can be found at http://www.susquehanna.net/tweet2feed.